SBA 504 Lending and Small Business News: September 8, 2015
In Washington State, the SBA is touting the 504 program. According tospokanejournal.com the SBA’s Spokane branch administrator said that businesses can benefit from SBA 504 loans. “Businesses looking at some kind of expansion should take a look at it,” he is quoted in the story. “There’s a lot of benefit to businesses, especially on larger projects, but they’re not always aware of it. It’s kind of an overlooked program.” He also said that Northwest Business Development Association and Evergreen Business Capital are the most active Certified Development Companies (CDC) in the region, which includes 20 counties.
SBA lending is up 52% in South Florida year-over-year. The South Florida Business Journal is reporting that South Florida “saw a greater increase in small business lending than across the entire Southeast, according to data released by the U.S. Small Business Administration.” That increase compares to 45% across the entire Southeast. Specifically, lending was up 81% in Broward County, FL and increased 76% in Palm Beach County, FL.
The latest tech startups get all the love but here’s a tenacious business model for you, one that dates back to the Sixties; 1969 in fact. That’s when National Audio Company opened its doors. The cassette tape manufacturer has outlasted its rivals to stand as probably one of the last of its kind among the soldering ruins of the analog media industry. As other companies in its sector left cassette tapes for CD production the company stubbornly held on. Now, says Bloomberg News, the cassette maker is pumping out more cassettes than ever before. Watch The Last Audio Cassette Factory here.
8+1 (That’s 9) Stories To Read Today About Small Business and SBA 504 Lending:
- Liberty SBF Closes On $1.2MM SBA 504 Loan For Aerospace Parts Manufacturer in Farmington, CT
- Commentary: Four suggestions to make the SBA more relevant
- SBA Loans Are Back: Mine Led To $125 Million In Sales
- Kentucky saw SBA lending increase 28%
- Capital CDC Provides SBA 504 Financing for Texas B&B
- SBA Loans Provide Rochester, NY Manufacturer the Foundation for Growth
- Baby Boomers Ready to Sell Businesses to the Next Generation
- U.S. Small business borrowing down slightly but still has momentum
- Spotlight on Fixed Rate SBA 504 Loan Program