SBA 504 Lending and Small Business News: April 19, 2016
National Small Business Week kicks off on May 1st and will run through May 7th. This year’s theme will be “Dream Big, Start Small,” according to the SBA. SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet will start the week in Washington, D.C., where she will recognize and award outstanding small business owners from around the country. She will then continue the week with small business events in Atlanta, Denver, Phoenix, and finish up in California with visits to San Jose and Oakland. Additionally, recognition and educational events throughout SBA’s 10 Regions and 68 Districts will be held throughout the week.
On her tour of the country during National Small Business Week, SBA chief Contreras-Sweet will speak at the 23rd Annual Enterprise Business Awards Luncheon in Arizona on May 5th. According to a story in the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Contreras-Sweet will also take part in an armchair discussion with two former “Shark Tank” contestants, Eli Crane and Angela Cody-Rouget, as they take an up-close look at the strengths, weaknesses, and successes of small business.
Trump is the favorite candidate for small business owners. That’s the takeaway from a poll conducted by Mantra, an online resource dedicated to small businesses. A majority of the over 2,500 small business owners polled think Trump is the best Republican candidate for small business by a long shot with the others trailing far behind. On the Democratic side, 56% like Clinton and 40% like Bernie. Going head to head, Trump wins the vote of 38% of small business owners to Clinton’s 21%, the site reported.
8+1 (That’s 9) Things You Need To Know
- 504 loan: Typically better rate, easier approval, little equity
- Small business friendly metro areas
- SBA has loans overlooked by small business owners
- Unity Bank promotes new VP/SBA Business Development Exec
- Facebook’s ad chief: 4-H program was secret to his success
- Shark Tank’s Mr. Wonderful portfolio of women-run businesses most successful
- Pols look to boost small businesses
- Which U.S. group represents a $1.5T consumer market?
- Six leadership lessons from the campaign trail